Wednesday, February 16, 2005

We have titles now?

Wow... We have titles now. My blog is really moving up in the world. Woohoo! And I have comments. Thanks, Dave and John, for my first comments.

I've resurrected this blog mainly for the purpose of writing opinions about math articles for my MAT122 class. I have three artivcles so far that I will eventually be posting about in here. Aside from those, however, I'm afraid I'm not going to have much time for this thing. I have eight classes this semester (yes, eight), adding up to 21 credit hours of pure, unadulterated torture. I have no life anymore. Everything is homework... Everything. I spent I don't even know how many hours today on it. I just finished a math quiz and three chapters worth of reading in my art book. This morning I was studying my ass off for my A&P202 exam, on which I accomplished two things. One, I scored the highest in the class, and two, I only managed a 64%. How 'bout that?

Last night I was at my Microbiology class, reviewing for an exam I have tomorrow. I read a chapter in my art book yesterday, also, and finished my online labs for A&P. Tomorrow I have to do my lecture and quiz and essay for my "Diversified Healthcare Occupations" class, write a four page paper analyzing two different works of art, and study for my micro exam. Then Friday I have 12 modules (twelve!) to read for Psych 101, take two quizzes for each, and take my midterm for DHO. Plus I have class that day for A&P. Do I sound busy?

Just to break it down, here's what I deal with day to day.

Anatomy and Physiology 202 - Online lecture, ITV / online labs
Intermediate Algebra - Online lecture / quizzes
Introduction to Art - Online lecture
Diversified Health Occupations - Online lecture / essay
Psychology 101 - Online lecture / module quizzes
Microbiology - In-class lecture / lab
CPR - 1 Monday
First Aid - 1 Saturday

So, most of my classes are online, but that doesn't mean anything's easier for me. In fact, it makes it a lot harder, because I have to not only self-motivate myself, but teach myself as well. So far I'm doing okay...

This is the reason, however, that I no longer have a life.

I've also been made a squad leader in my new platoon, so I have four soldiers to keep track of and all of the paperwork and responsibility that comes with the position, and trust me, it spills over the whole one weekend a month b/s. I haven't seen my boyfriend for three days, and he lives ten minutes away. Going to the grocery store today was my break. Woe is me.

* * *

On another note, I watched American Idol for the first time tonight. Yeah, was really disappointed with the people whose entire lives were hanging on what the judges told them. So you didn't make it. Go home, get lessons, come back next year. I'm actually thinking of trying out myself, but it depends on how my nursing program is going. *shrugs*

And then there's Dave, who's engaged. Congradulations, dear, and lucky you. :-/ I'm just stuck in life, right now. Happy, I guess, but stuck.

Okay, I've GOT to get some sleep. Later.



Song Quote of the Moment: "...Occasionally, I wanna talk about me!"

~Toby Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Back to school eh? That's great. You know, I'm still is school as well, sort of. Where are you attending?

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home